Fostering pride and enhancing lives, one song at a time.
Sacramento Gay Men’s Chorus will build a community where no one will be afraid to sing one’s own song.
We strive to create and maintain an organization that values:
- Diversity – We honor, promote and model diversity in our membership, music and community outreach.
- Musical and Artistic Excellence – We strive to produce musical and artistic excellence through education, performance, and a varied repertoire.
- Support and Connection to Our Community – We serve as musical and community leaders for the artistic and LBGT communities in Sacramento and beyond.
- Action for Social Justice and Pride – We confront intolerance through action that shows pride and expresses the common hopes and dreams shared by gays and straights alike.
- A Safe and Nurturing Family – We build and sustain a welcoming social and purposeful environment of fellowship, fun and shared musical expression for all of our members.
- Personal Growth and Transformation – We promote personal growth and learning that challenge members to become all they can be and more.
- Strong Organizational Stewardship – We maintain sound and transparent financial and operational practices that ensure a stable organization capable of achieving its mission.