Do you enjoy singing? Try something new and join us on the risers! SGMC is a welcoming chorus whose members have a wide variety of musical experiences. Even if you have never sung in a chorus we can help you to find your voice and make a difference in our community!
Our season runs from September to June and we take a break in July and August. New members are invited to audition during the months of January and September. We hold rehearsals on Thursday evenings from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm, located at:
St John’s Lutheran Church
1701 L Street
Prospective members are invited to “Be Gay for a Day” on Thursday, August 25th from 7PM-9PM during our introductory rehearsal at St. John’s Lutheran Church (1701 L Street, Sac, CA 95811) in Goethe Hall.
Prospective members will have an opportunity to:
- Meet the Director, Accompanist and Staff
- Meet Current Members of the Chorus
- Get a rundown of the season
- Receive a Rehearsal Schedule for the 2016-17 Season
- Learn about Member Expectations and Opportunities to be involved beyond singing
- Video of previous SGMC performances
- Schedule a 1-on-1 with the Director for vocal placement
- Q & A session for prospective members
If you are interested in joining please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details regarding the “Be Gay for a Day” rehearsal.
Find and share your voice with the Sacramento Gay Men’s Chorus and help make a difference in our community!
For more information email email@example.com or call (877) 283-1567 and leave a message.